Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DAY 72 - LET'S FACE SOME THINGS


I watched the movie about obesity on Netflix:  "FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD".  All about a guy and his blender.  He juiced fruit and veggies for 60 days.  And cured his disease and, as a by-product, lost weight. 

It's a bit extreme, but it made the point that we are the result of what we eat.  I just count calories and avoid sugar and carbs - don't really eat anything white except cauliflower.  I came to a crossroads in my life and realized I had no life in the condition I was in - and I made a change and it's working.  Friends like all of you with encouragement have really helped me.

But when someone says "I can't give up bread" or some other substance, then I know they have not had a crossroad and they need to change their relationship with food.  Sounds simple, and IT IS.  Until your life gets threatened, you won't change.


BREAKFAST
2 Sl. Lo. Sod. Ham = 120
1 Activia Lite = 70
1 C. 2 % Skim Milk = 90
TOTAL = 280

DINNER (AT Margaret's Cantina)
1 Bowl Chicken Chowder with Polano Chiles = 150
Veggie Salad with Chicken = 200
Vinaigrette = 50
TOTAL = 400
TOTAL FOR THE DAY = 680

Will snack before bed = 200

No comments: