Thursday, August 23, 2012

DAY 45 - VITAMIN INFO and NEW MAYO

It has been decided (by my doctor) that eating the orange is going to spike my blood sugar, so better to get my Vitamin C in tablet form.  At this point I want to say something about vitamins:

Most vitamins are fat soluble.  What does this mean?  It means, from a layman's standpoint, in order for the body to absorb the benefits of the vitamins, they MUST be taken along with some fat in your diet - or you will just pass them out in urine.  So what does this mean for YOU?  Take the vitamins with the largest meal of the day.  In most cases, that's the evening dinner meal.  So when I take my evening meds I also take my supplements and vitamins - and they get absorbed into my blood.  I do this as I am preparing my dinner.  It is a ritual and it happens every night.  Trust me, it works.



MORNING SUGARS = 120 - whew! back to normal
BREAKFAST
1 sl. Lo Sod Ham = 60
I HB Egg = 70
1 Activia Lite = 70
1 Tsp Lite Mayo = 15
TOTAL = 215

LUNCH
4 oz Lite Tuna in Water = 131
1 TBS Lo Fat Hellman's = 15  - yes, new MAYO
1 Tsp. Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard = 5 cal
1 TBS. Pickle Relish = 20
1 c. 2% skim milk = 90
TOTAL = 261

SNACK = 1 Tbs Peanut Butter = 80

DINNER (MARGARET'S CANTINA)
Veggie Salad = 50 cals.
5 oz Chicken Breast = 234
Vinagrette - 100
TOTAL = 384
TOTAL FOR THE DAY = 940

No comments: