Monday, August 20, 2012

DAY 42 - D'ya Ever Have One Of Those Days??

Morning sugars = 110

Yes, it was one of those days.  A Monday after a grueling weekend.  I didn't even get out of the bed until noon.  I talked on the phone until then - and only got out to take my meds.  It was a good day on the phone because someone has come into my life who means a great deal to me. That's all I'm saying about that.

So I ate no breakfast AND no lunch.  Right.  The danger of that is that when you finally eat, you're going to tend to overeat.  Knowing that, I had a couple of spoons of peanut butter mid afternoon and then my doctor called me and we talked endlessly about FRED & WILMA (the names I have given my KIDNEYS) and she convinced me to eat more vitamin C and drink skim milk to balance the large amounts of protein I am consuming.  OK.  And not to force water to prevent dehydration!  Who knew?  So all in all, all foods work together to help the body absorb what it needs and therefore work properly.  Enough lecturing.  Best not to skip meals, OK?

Dinner
5 OZ ANGUS SIRLOIN GRILLED = 240
VEGGIES = 80
TOTAL = 320

WILL SNACK ON PEANUT BUTTER AND SOME BREYER'S CARB-SMART ICE CREAM WITH SPLENDA.

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO.  (MOST OF THE TIME!!)

No comments: