Tuesday, March 30, 2010

REALLY GOOD MARINADE


I found this recipe yesterday and adapted it and it's just great!

MARINADE FOR FISH OR CHICKEN

4 salmon steaks, fresh, 1/2 pound each
3 garlic cloves, minced (I used the kind from the jar. Easier, 3 tablespoons)
3 tablespoons grainy Dijon-type mustard
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce (you can use low-sodium Kikkoman if you like)

My salmon was fresh and I had 2 lbs for 4 people.

Place the salmon, skin side down in a baking dish.

Mix the marinade in a bowl and spread over each piece of fish and let it sit for 4 hours, if possible. I let mine sit for an hour and it was fine.

Bake in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes (I had to do 12 minutes, slow oven)

Remove from oven and let sit in the pan for about 5 - 10 minutes before serving. But serve as soon as you can.

It's really good, and good for you!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really good. Thanks for serving this to us. It was yummy and I didn't have to cook.

Rick said...

Richard this looks great and sounds even better. I'll have to try it. No wonder you're shedding the pounds eating so healthy.

Robert Strickland said...

OK that looks, and sounds, really good.....