Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FACEBOOK: I GIVE UP


My friend Gary Andrews says this: I toyed with Facebook for a few months then deleted my account - when I discovered that it and Twitter are both monitored by the Fed to detect any negative statements about the current administration. At that point, I cut Big Brother's water off (at least that part of it). I know they monitor pretty much everything else too...and they could drag my emails into court anytime they wanted to and other administrations have done this back for 20 years or so... There has not been real privacy in this country since the invention of the home phone and the invention of the Social Security Card.

I know, I know!! Everyone tells me I'm old because I hate, loathe and despise FACEBOOK. I don't care.

Look: I am already in touch with EVERYONE I want to be in touch with. We all know where we are. I do not want to be found by anyone else.

That's how I feel. For those of you who enjoy it, I'm happy for you. I don't enjoy it.

You have my email, my phone number and this blog. If that's not enough for you, you've got a pretty drab life.

No comments: