Thursday, August 9, 2012

DAY 31 - LET'S GET MOVING

Yes, I'm going to talk about moving your body.  That dreaded word:  exercise.  Forget it, I'm not going to tell you to exercise.  Believe me when I say that I paid $250,000 over 10 years in the 80's and I learned the following.

1.  How to cook chicken 6,000 ways and never repeat myself
2.  How to walk a mile and not drop dead
3.  The meaning of the word STRESS and
4.  To learn to say the words, "I WAS WRONG"

It takes nothing to apologize and it WON'T KILL YOU.

NEITHER WILL WALKING A MILE A DAY.  I know, I know, you're lazy and you work and and and blah blah. You need to walk. Walk around your yard.  If you live in an apartment, stop the elevator a floor below yours and take the stairs for the last floor.  There are all sorts of things you can do to get moving.

It's especially great if you can walk after dinner.  It's the cool of the day, you can probably get your mate to go with you (and you might even hold hands!) So I am NOT advocating strenuous workout at a gym.  That is the kind of stuff that builds muscles - and building muscles means you're going to retain more water and actually gain muscle weight.  

SO WALK.  Put on walking shoes and walk around your block.  You figure out where you can safely walk.  Do it with a friend.  You can even go walk in an air conditioned  mall.

DO IT 
Morning Sugars = 122

BREAKFAST
1 HB Egg = 70
1 slice Lo Sod Boar's Head Ham = 60
1 Activia Lite = 70
1 tsp Lite Hellman's = 15
TOTAL = 215

LUNCH
OK, I didn't eat lunch.  I just wasn't hungry.  That's not the end of the world.

Snack = 1 Tbs Peanut Butter = 100 cal

DINNER
5 oz Angus Steak = 240
Veggies = 75
TOTAL - 315
TOTAL FOR THE DAY = 630 - I'll eat a snack around 10pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love walking, it doesn't seem like exercise and I
feel good after I do it. Once my ankle heals
from surgery that is one thing I am looking
forward to getting back to. A mile isn't that
far either. Thanks for the pep talk!