Tuesday, September 7, 2010

LILLIAN GISH STORY


Yes, I met Lillian Gish once and here is the story:

I was singing in the choir at St. Bartholomew's Church on Park Avenue in '66 and there Gish was in the first row of the church! I couldn't get over it. She was still beautiful even then.

When the service ended I ran around to the side of the church to see her and ran right into her (still in my choir robes). There I was face to face with a screen LEGEND and the only thing I could think of was "Birth of A Nation". I couldn't say, "Miss Gish, I loved you in Birth of a Nation" could I?

Fortunately she smiled at me and realized I was in awe of her and she said, "Young man, could you help me get a taxi?". So out we went on to 50th St., me and Lillian Gish and I hailed her a cab in my choir robes. That's my Gish story.

And by the way, Gish had the most beautiful face I have ever seen on a human being. Yes, even moreso than Elizabeth Taylor.

1 comment:

Andy said...

back in 66...thats long time ago