Thursday, December 3, 2009

GREAT HOLIDAY CHEESE IDEA!!



OK, this happened by mistake last year and it turned out to be great. I was attempting to make Cheese Straws and someone stole my cookie press. So I'm sharing.

CHEESE/PECAN "CRACKERS"

Ingredients
1 stick butter or margarine - softened at room temperature
1 lb. Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese - shredded

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

2 cups plain flour

Pecan halves


In your food processor, cream together the butter and cheese until soft (only about 10 seconds) Sift the flour with the cayenne pepper and then add to the food processor and process JUST until it makes a large ball.

Remove from food processor. With a melon baller or tablespoon, scoop up cheese/flour mixture and roll into a small balls (about the size of a large grape).

Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Gently press a pecan half onto the top of each little ball and bake in a 420 degree oven for about 12 minutes. (I bake them on the top rack of my oven)

Watch them carefully, don't let them burn. When baked, remove from the oven and cool completely before taking them off the cookie sheet.


Warning: they won't last long once they're finished.

Hint: You "might" want to lightly sprinkle the finished cookie with a little more cayenne pepper for extra zest.

3 comments:

Steven said...

Okay . .. if this was the 'mistake', what were you actually trying to make? This doesn't strike me as close to anything else - though sure sounds yummy!

Richard Wall said...

Cheese straws was what I was making but someone STOLE my cookie press and I had to make do.

Richard

Rick said...

I will have to try this Richard. I think I have everything on hand. It might be a good snack for the game tonight! Thanks Richard.