Tuesday, August 25, 2009

WISDOM FROM DAWN HAMPTON

Miss Dawn

My dear friend, Miss Dawn Hampton, always answers her telephone saying, "God is good, the light is on!" I think that's a pretty positive way to begin things, don't you?

Dawn and I worked together at The Bushes of Central Park West, a cabaret in Manhattan, and also in many other dives. We always had a good time. Dawn has a way with a song like no one else. Once you hear her rendition of something, you are not happy if anyone else sings it.


She also writes songs, and my favorite line that she wrote, which is also her philosophy of everything:


"Life is full of good things, silk satin and lace,

If you want to be a winner you have to get in the race,
Oh life is what you make it,

And if you can't make it, that's life!"


Yes, that's my Dawn.

2 comments:

Martha Perantoni said...

That is one beautiful woman.

Rick said...

What a great attitude!