Wednesday, May 28, 2014

HERE'S THE LATEST ON MY KIDNEY FUNCTION (OR LACK OF IT!)

My nephrologist decided it was time to have the port put in place
for Peritoneal Dialysis at home.  So he made me an appointment with the surgeon.  I diligently went to Pinehurst (where there is a surgery clinic like unto Mars) and met with the Duke-trained surgeon.  The first thing he says to me is, "You don't need this put in place until you're ready for dialysis."  Whew!!  My kidney function, while low, is stable.  So this is a good thing.
What, you ask, is peritoneal dialysis?:


 So thanks, Nephro.  The surgeon also said I was an excellent candidate for home dialysis because I understand the procedure and what it entails, including the dedication to hygiene.  And it can be done at night while I sleep!

So I am greatly relieved that I will never have to have hemo-dialysis.

God just laid it all out for me yesterday and I walked through the
windows and doors He opened.

Thanks for being there, and understanding.

4 comments:

Kim H said...

This is great news!!

Carolyn said...

wonderful--stable is good!

Jay Lowman said...

Yes, truly wonderful news!!!

Louise from Augusta said...

What a great relief. Excellent news!